Objectives for the session include:
- To define what safeguarding and abuse is
- To identify the types of abuse
- To discuss the signs and symptoms of abuse
- To examine risk factors that can increase the likelihood of harm occurring
- To recognise how and when to report and record abuse
This course has been developed for staff in direct care services and other non-direct roles who come into contact with adults. The purpose of the course is to explore the legislative and organisational responsibilities for the safeguarding of adults who could be at risk of abuse. In addition learners will explore the reporting and recording procedures that currently apply.
This is delivered as part of the H&SC induction but is also appropriate as an induction for non-direct staff such as administrative support staff